Neighborhood Nutrition is a nutrition consulting business started in 1998 in Cambridge, Massachusetts with the vision to provide easily accessible nutrition education & healthy eating resources to the community. In 2013, we closed our offices in the greater Boston area, to focus attention on a new venture based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Nutrition counseling is provided by Licensed Registered Dietitians. We use a non-diet approach. Our holistic approach to health focuses on both physical and mental well-being.
- Eating is one of life’s pleasures.
- A healthy weight is achieved when there is a healthy relationship with food.
- Physical activity is enjoyable and supports both physical and mental health.
- Healthy eating nourishes the individual and sustains the environment.
- Nutrition advice is tailored to the individual
With a passion for food, fitness and helping others overcome their struggles with eating, Barbara Ruhs, MS, RD, LDN, the founder of Neighborhood Nutrition, has made it her mission to develop effective strategies to make healthy eating easy and enjoyable.